Mission, Vision and Values
This Statement of Strategic Intent sets out the vision of Amity University [In] London to be an outstanding higher education institution with a national and international reputation for excellence.
In pursuit of this goal we will maintain our distinctive Mission, Vision and Values.
The mission of Amity London is to:
- Strive for excellence in all we do: locally, nationally and internationally.
- Value and practise equality of opportunity, transparency and tolerance.
- Work in partnership with business, the community and other higher education organisations.
- Encourage and promote, research, innovation and creativity.
- Actively encourage knowledge transfer to industry, business, and the community, both nationally and internationally.
The vision of Amity London is to be an institution that:
- Regards excellence in research and teaching as inseparable.
- Fosters and encourages diversity of research, scholarship and interdisciplinary innovation.
- Recruits and retains the highest possible calibre of staff and students and provides an environment in which they can flourish.
- Encourages innovation and enterprise, in particular through partnerships with industry, business and the community.
- Engages in teaching and research which is internationally recognised and valued, building partnerships overseas.
- Teaches its students in innovative and effective ways, using a portfolio of blended teaching methods.
- Develops life-long relationships with its alumni to the mutual benefit of the institution and the individuals.
- Exploits to the full its unique central London campus for the benefit of students and staff.
- Exploits to the full its unique resource infrastructure for the benefit of students and staff.
- Fosters and encourages agility and fast responsiveness to changes in the higher education environment.
Amity London, both as an institution and a community, subscribes to the following core values:
- The promotion of educational opportunities for all.
- The advancement and protection of knowledge.
- The protection of the rights and freedoms of individuals and respect for diversity.
- Excellence in the individual achievements of staff and students, supported by the University in reaching their personal goals.
- A commitment to health, well-being, sustainability and sustainable development.
- Respect for the environment and a commitment to contribute to the sustainable development of the community.